The O&M Service Engineer is responsible for working to maintain Utility & commercial inverters, PV Solar equipment and customer site equipment in the field at the assigned site. Duties include but not limited to: commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and analyzing Utility & commercial inverter applications, regular working with low & medium voltage electricity, and maintaining excellent customer service activities while assigned at a customer site(s).
- Commissions, troubleshoots, repairs, and analyzes Utility & commercial inverters, PV Solar equipment and customer site equipment in the field, via email, telephone.
- Develops a detailed knowledge of SMA’s and other Utility & commercial inverter products, associated PV accessories, site equipment and third party accessories that are sold by SMA or installed at a customer’s site for use with the inverters.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the applicable National Electric and Electrical safety code(s) (NEC, NFPA70E, NESC, OSHA)
- Regularly works with high voltage DC electricity, Low & Medium voltage three phase power, SCADA or 3rd party monitoring and the relevant software and firmware of the inverters site equipment.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while striving to lower the costs of site service.
- Working from heights, on ladders or lift equipment.
- Ability to or experience in forklifts.
- Will work from Remote Home office and travel as required to SMA or customers sites.
- Other duties as may be required or assigned.