Los Angeles, CA Area
QualityLogic is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the development of test tools for transport and application layer message exchange protocols for the smart grid, such as IEEE 2030.5, OpenADR and 1547.1. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience utilizing a variety of programming languages coding at both a GUI presentation level as well as low level communication handlers. Must be experienced in Visual C++ and developing HTTPS based software. Ideally, the candidate will have hands-on experience developing code for message exchange protocols, understanding standards documents at a very granular level, and have some working experience with the smart grid related technologies.
• Minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience using Microsoft Visual C++ (ideal), Java or Python.
• Comfortable in dealing with large complex software architecture and code base.
• Ability to quickly ramp-up on new technologies.
• Working knowledge of IEEE 2030.5, SunSpec modbus or DNP3, ideal.
• Local to Southern California preferred but open to remote locations in the US.
• Must already be authorized to work in the US without VISA sponsorship or transfer.
• Must have at least a BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.